Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winners for Challenge #80 - Anne Marie's Sketch

Hi everyone! Anne Marie here. I want to say a big, "thank you" to everyone who played along with my sketch here at the Paper Players. We all very much enjoyed visiting you to see what you created for the challenge. Let's take a look at the projects that caught the eye of the Design Team, this week.

Up first, here are the picks for A Cut Above

Ann's Choice:  Sandy Mathis
 

With it's triple threat of colors, distressing, and pearls, Sandy's fabulous vintage charmer kept crying out, "Pick me! Pick me!"  The richly textured background, enhanced by its sponging of Crumb Cake ink, was the perfect foundation on which to layer the gorgeous pattern paper for a "pop" of color.  And who can resist this beautiful image in its oval designer frame?  Of course, the icing on the cake is the fabulous Blossom Punch flower! Congratulations, Sandy, on being my choice for A Cut Above!


LeAnne's Choice:  Tracey

Tracey's sweet Easter card is simple yet fresh---delightfully colored and whimsically styled! The DP she used doesn't reflect traditional Easter colors, but it works very well as a background for her image, which has just the right amount of white space!  That butterfly in the corner is a pretty little addition, and the sentiment die cut is just lovely!  Congratulations, Tracey, on being my Cut Above for this week!

Lesley's Choice
Gisela of Craftin' Zone


Gisela's take on the sketch this week is super sweet! Of course I just LOVED the crimped paper behind the typewriter and the three rows of the punched heart border makes for a cute compliment to the heart at the top.  The heart embossed background and the two sentiments all make this card a winner for me! Congratulations Gisela on being my choice for Cut Above this week!

Nance's choice: Allisa


Allisa's darling card was so doggone good that I couldn't pass it up this week!  Scottie dogs are one of my favorites and I love how Allisa tied together her papers and colors by paper piecing her pooch.  The colors are fun, the dog bone brads are adorable and everything is executed perfectly.  Congratulations, Allisa, you're my choice for A Cut Above...woof, woof!

Jaydee's Choice: Amy


Amy's rich, luscious card made my yearn to go recover my Chic Boutique from the Ronald McDonald craft room, where it now resides:-)  I love, love, love, the rich red, black and vanilla color scheme, the puffy heart and the use of the antique brads.  The layers of pattern and the repetition of pearls kept me looking at this card for ages.  Every time I looked I found something new.  Amy, congratulations on being my Cut Above this week.  Your card is gorgeous.

Now for this week's Headliner

Anne Marie's Choice: Joni Wilson

What is NOT to love about about Joni's cheerful sunflower card? The shading on the stamped image is absolutely stunning and I just love all of the wonderful details she added. From the yellow gingham pattern repeated on the paper and the ribbon, to the buttons that compliment the centers of the sunflowers, to the gently distressed edges...this card is a stunner indeed. Bright, happy and full of sunny fun! Congratulations to you, Joni on being my choice for our Headliner this week! 

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a fabulous new theme challenge from Nance. It's going to be a lot of fun. We sure hope you will join us! 

Have a great day! 
-Anne Marie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Lesley for choosing my card. WOW, what a nice surprise! Congratulations to all the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how absolutely exciting! I am sooo honored, congratulations to all these beautiful cards above! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - stunning cards, each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for picking my card. I loved the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!