Thursday, July 7, 2011

Challenge #54 - Winners

This week at the Paper Players, we loved peeking into your blogs to see the fabulous creations you shared with us! Thank you to everyone who tried my Christmas in July theme challenge! As always, the Design Team had a difficult time narrowing it down!! Without further ado, here are their Cut Above Choices...


Our Cut Above winners:


Nance's choice: Cindy

There is so much to love about Cindy's beautiful scenic Christmas card! First, her colors--blue is one of my favorite colors for holiday cards and I love it paired here with basic black and white. Second, her masked moon is AMAZING! The lunar glow she achieved by combining sponging and masking is genius! Third, the white gel pen for the falling snow is gorgeous--I love how it is falling on the trees! And last, but not least, the dazzling diamond snow perfectly captures the simple magic of a moonlit winter night. Stunning card, Cindy! Congratulations, you're my Cut Above!


Ann's Choice: Maria


Who doesn't love Maria's card! There are so many fabulous details! From the Dazzling Diamonds, which were sprinkled on the snowflakes fluttering above our little snowbunny's head, to the fluffy trim on her hat and coat, Maria focused on adding those extra special touches! The Baja Breeze and Real Red color combination gives a retro feel which complements the image. Of course, an innovative ribbon treatment, completes this wonderful card! Congrats, Maria, on being my choice for A Cut Above!


LeAnne's Choice - Carrie


I was so happy to see this background stamp in the catalog! Here Carrie has created a lovely vintage creation, nicely embellished with a beautiful rosette and chunky glitter. It's beautifully shaded, has some stamped snowflakes and her punched border complements the ribbon so nicely! Congrats on being my Cut Above, Carrie!


Lauri's choice: Jen


The clean, crisp design of Jen's Christmas card is my choice for a Cut Above
this week. The added embellishments of the lace and buttons, combined with
a classic color combination and clean layers make for a striking design. Congratulations Jen for being my choice this week for A Cut Above!


Sandra's Choice: Diane


Diane's card really stood out to me this week. Her embossed resist trees on the dictionary paper are just beautiful. I love how Diane featured the word Xmas in the background. The ruffled ribbon and touch of bling all make for a stunning creation. Congratulations, Diane on being a cut above this week.


Anne Marie's Choice: Vicki B.

It's a Stamp Thing


Vicki's clean design instantly caught my eye this week. I love the elongated card shape, how the border punch compliments the punched ornament and that super-fabby bow! Talk about a wow! Add some perfectly placed bling and this card was all wrapped up for Christmas in July. So festive and fun! Congratulations, Vicki on being my pick for A Cut Above this week!


Lesley's Choice: Leena

A la Cards


Leena's pretty card really caught my eye this week! Not only did I love the beautiful colours but I thought the main panel, being embossed with the snowflake folder was an awesome idea! I love the beautifully tied bow and the richness of the entire card! Can you see the sweet little snowflakes stamped on the side panel! Leena made 60 of these!!! Can you believe it?!!! Congratulations Leena on being my pick for Cut Above this week!


Tui's Choice: Imke

Crafting Creations by Imke


This card by Imke took my eye this week because of the clean white space. I love the simplicity of this card, yet the textured background combined with the vibrant red of the focal image, not to mention the splash of gold lends itself to a very elegant Christmas card. This design also makes one very easy card to mass produce when we are short on time. Well done Imke and Congratulations on being my Cut Above for this week!


Now... on to our HEADLINER


Jaydee's Choice: Lynn


Lynn's cherry cobbler Christmas card shows that clean and simple can be simply stunning. I fell in love with this card the minute I saw it. The texture of the Cherry Cobbler layer and the wreath, juxtaposed with the embossed dasher, shimmery gold card stock, finished off by the luscious, perfectly tied, bow is a stunning combination. The finishing detail for me, though, was the fact that Lynn carried the green and red from the wreath at the top of the card, to the bottom in the stripes. All of these thoughtful details created a perfectly proportioned, beautifully rich Christmas card. Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations, Lynn on being our HEADLINER this week.


8 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful creations!
    Congratulations to all winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all the winners....I must say, each & every one of these caught my eye as one of my choices! It was so difficult to narrow them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards to all the winners. A well deserved CONGRATULATIONS is in order to you all!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, everyone!!! Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this wonderful honor! I'll put the badge on my blog and wear it with pride (as soon as I can figure out where it is! LOL!)
    Thanks again. I really enjoy playing and love to see so much wonderful inspiration from everyone.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards today are so amazing, I had to print out the post so I can try some of the techniques myself! Thanks to everyone who made these beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such worthy winners. Those entries are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´m really proud that you have selected my card. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!