Saturday, July 2, 2011

Challenge #53 Winners

This week at the Paper Players, we loved peeking into your blogs to see the fabulous creations you shared with us! Thank you to everyone who tried our sketch!  As always, the Design Team had a difficult time narrowing it down!!  Without further ado, here are our Cut Above Choices...

Our Cut Above winners:
 Sandra's Choice

I fell in love with Andrea's card as soon as I saw it. I love the way she has divided the main picture into three panels. Her beautiful water colouring, and exquisite butterfly all make for a stunning creation. Congratulations, Andrea on being a Cut Above this week.

Lauri's Choice:  Jessica
The Paper Parade


I love the story behind Jessica's card and it really points out for me what I love most about card making....customizing the card for the recipient.  How sweet that her mom actually picked out the stamp!  I especially love how she used crystal effects and the embossing folder on the basket and strawberries...it really adds some realism! Congratulations Jessica for being my pick this week for a Cut Above!

Jaydee's Choice - Tara
Tara Bee Ink

I loved the soft, feminine, vintage look of Tara's card.  The butterfly on the flower looked as though it had just landed.  There is such an ethereal quality to the card and I couldn't take my eyes of it.  The fact that the flower was just a different color to the rest of the card added the surprise factor.  I know this beauty will have been much appreciated. Congratulations on being my CUT ABOVE this week, Tara.

LeAnne's Choice - Stef
Steph's card was so fun, my eye was drawn to the bright colors and those cute knitting needles right away!  I just joined a group of "seniors" who call themselves the Knit Wits!  I don't knit, but I join them to do my cross stitch and we have a great time!  So Steph's card made me smile doubly; not only was it fun to look at, but it reminded me of my "witty" friends!  Congrats on being my Cut Above this week!
 Nance's choice: Christina

Christina's sweet little snail card just made me smile!  How clever to  stamp the slow-moving snail across the three panels of our sketch and I love how the wavy sentiment echoes the banner tag on the sketch!  Sweet details like the little butterfly following her snail friend and the repetition of scalloped edges is divine!  Congratulations,Christina, you're my Cut Above!

Ann's Choice: Teresa Kline
With its fabulous flower and elegant embossing, Teresa's card immediately commanded my attention! The stitching, mimicking the argyle pattern of the top panel,  is the perfect touch.  Of course,  the gorgeous black bow says it all.  Congratulations, Teresa, on being my choice for "A Cut Above"!

Anne Marie's Choice: Tammy Fite 


Everything about Tammy's card just says "fun"! I just love the wonderful color combo and how she created her own patterned paper from the stamps. The layered flower and those itty itty balloons are such great details on this very happy birthday card. Congratulations, Tammy on being my choice for A Cut Above this week! 

Cindy's Choice: Isabelle


Isabelle's fun card immediately caught my eye in the gallery and I'm so happy to choose it for my Cut Above! I love the happy colors and the clean lines with crisp white borders. Cheerful Treat designer paper is my favorite! The cupcake is a yummy focal point, especially with the added details to make it pop. Congrats, Isabelle!

And now on to our HEADLINER:
Lesley's Choice
I just love this clean and classy card that Rosemary created!  I love the colours because they are so unexpected: yellow, gray and green.  The big, bold butterfly she used is the perfect touch.  This card would make anyone smile and to receive it would be special indeed! Congrats Rosemary on your Headliner win this week!
Congratulations to all of our winner's this week and to our participants!  Tomorrow Jaydee has a fabulous Theme Challenge that will be both fun and refreshingly cool in this hot summer weather!!!  Tui Nathan will also be joining us for her first Guest Designer challenge and we are excited to have her join us!
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley

6 comments:

  1. I adored this sketch, but I managed to REALLY miss the deadline, ha ha! Thank you for the inspiration. Just love these; all so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much to Nance for selecting my card this week! It's an honor to be featured alongside so many gorgeous creations! Congrats to all of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to all the winners! so excited to be in such talented company!! thanks so much lesley for picking my card as the headliner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple layout but the cards created from it are all so different and all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to the winners and thanks for picking my card...I am excited...woohoo. I will proudly display the badge under the section on my blog that reads "Find Me Here 2"

    Have a fun and fabulous weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled to be picked this week ... thanks so much Sandra! And ... after a couple of weeks of family difficulties ... this was a wonderful "pick me up"! Off to visit the other wonderfully talented winners! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!